Have you ever had a problem that’s been bugging you for days and you just can’t find the solution? You know the kind- solving the problem seems impossible and it just weighs on your mind for days. There’s nothing less conducive to happiness than a mind that’s bogged down by an unsolvable problem, so next time one of these problems arises in your life, clear you head and try this exercise:
- Find a quiet, comfortable place, and sit with a pen and paper ready
- At the top of the paper write down a question or issue you’d like guidance about. Phrase the question or issue as clearly as possible.
- Close your eyes and take several deep breaths.
- Ask your inner voice the question you wrote on the paper. It may take a few moments until you feel ready, but when you do, open your eyes and start writing whatever comes to you. It doesn’t matter whether it makes sense or not. Keep writing until your hand feels like it won’t move any longer, not reading what you have written as you go.
- Now read over what you’ve written. You may be quite surprised at what wisdom has come out. Even a single word or phrase may be the key to your answer.